Creating automation policies
Automation policies are created in BMC Helix Intelligent Automation that contain actions for remediating open events in BMC Helix AIOps. As an administrator, you can cross-launch into BMC Helix Intelligent Automation from BMC Helix AIOps and create policies for a particular open event. When the trigger conditions in the event match the conditions defined in the policy, the relevant policy appears on the BMC Helix AIOps as an automation action for the event. Operators can then run these actions to remediate open events.
For creating automation policies, ensure that intelligent-automation > policy > manage permission is assigned to the appropriate role. For more information, see Roles and permissions.
You can also run automations while performing probable cause analysis for impacted services. For more information, see Performing probable cause analysis .
To create automation policies for impacted services or situations
- Do one of the following steps:
- (For Services) From the Services page, click a service tile with open events.
- (For Situations) Click the Situations tab and then click Investigate for any of the situations
- From the list of open events, click Actions and select Create Automation against the event for which you want to create an automation.
You are navigated to the Create Automation Policy page in BMC Helix Intelligent Automation. The event JSON, execution mode, and trigger conditions for the event are preselected.
- Enter a unique policy name and an optional description.
- Edit the trigger conditions, if required.
- Add remediation actions to the policy.
BMC Helix Intelligent Automation supports connections with several BMC and third-party applications for which you can create remediation actions.
- Publish the policy.
You can create more than one policy for an event. When an event or a situation that matches the trigger conditions appears in BMC Helix AIOps, the policies that match the event appear against the impacted services or situations as automations.
Log in or register to comment.