Error number or problem observed
Server not present in the configured servers list <serverName>.
|The login credentials that you specified for the mid tier might be incorrect.|
- From the Start menu, click Programs > Action Request System > BMC Remedy Mid Tier > Configure ARSYSTEM on localhost.
- Enter the password in the BMC Remedy Mid Tier - Configuration Tool login window.
- Click the AR Server Settings link.
- Select DELETE/EDIT for your server in the AR Server Settings table and click Edit.
Enter your mid tier administrator password in the Admin Password field.
The password you specify in this window must match with the password in the Connections Settings tab of the BMC Remedy AR System Administration: Server Information form.
- For more information about configuring mid tier password settings, see Changing the mid tier configuration password.
No module with name "AtriumWidget" was found in the following configured module server .
This error might occur if you did not specify the correct password or Data Visualization Module server name in the mid tier, or if you did not install BMC Atrium Core on the Data Visualization server.
- If no server name is specified in the error message, provide a server name in the Data Visualization Module Server (s) field on the General Settings page in the BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
- Make sure that BMC Atrium Core is installed on the server that you specified in the Data Visualization Module Server (s) field.
Atrium Core Console does not load
|Error||This error could occur due to missing jar file.|
- Log in to BMC Remedy Mid Tier by using your AR credentials
- Open the Data Visualization System Files form.
- In the Data Visualization System Files form, create an entry by entering the information in the following fields:
- Name = cmdbapi91.jar
- Description = CMDB Java API
- Status = Active
- Platform = All
- Version = 9.1.00
- Click Add to attach the cmdbapi91.jar available at ..\..\..\AtriumCore\cmdb\sdk64\bin
- Click Save.
- Restart BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Check the
<security-constraint> tag in web.xml.
This is to check Flash logs for errors as one of the causes for the error can be due to addition of security constraint in web.xml.
This error might occur when BMC Remedy Mid Tier is incorrectly installed.
- Confirm that you can access the following BMC Remedy Mid Tier URL from a browser.
- Verify that you can log in to the mid tier.
If you receive an authentication error (
ARERR 623), see BMC CMDB console or widget error messages. For additional mid tier troubleshooting steps, see Atrium widgets and the mid tier issues.
- Make sure that BMC Remedy Flashboards is working.
Server Not Found or
Page Not Found error message is generated when you access the BMC Atrium Core Console, confirm that you have installed the mid tier correctly. You must resolve this error before you proceed to the next step.
- To confirm that the Atrium Widgets are working, perform the following steps:
- Log in to BMC Atrium Core Console.
If an error is generated when opening BMC Atrium Core Console, see the other error messages in this topic.
- In the navigation pane, click Application Launcher > Explorer > Classes.
You must be able to view the list of CI classes in the navigation pane.
|General troubleshooting for the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.|
For instructions about resolving mid tier issues on a UNIX computer, see
BMC Remedy Action Request System
Mid Tier information.
- Make sure that the mid tier is installed.
BMC Remedy Mid Tier must appear in the Add/Remove programs list on your Windows computer.
- Depending on the application server you are using for the mid tier, perform the following steps:
- ServletExec — Select NewAtlanta > Administration and confirm that the ARSYS application is installed.
- Apache Tomcat — On your Windows computer, navigate to Control Panel and verify that the Apache Tomcat service is started.
By default, this service uses port 8080. Perform the following steps to verify if Tomcat is set up correctly:
- Open any of the Atrium widgets to verify that the widgets are working.
If the BMC CMDB Explorer is not working, see Troubleshooting CMDB Explorer related issues for troubleshooting steps.
Tip: To restart the application server, either stop the Apache Tomcat service or use Microsoft IIS administration to stop the ISAPI plug-in. ServletExec is usually installed as an ISAPI plug-in.
|CMDB widgets do not open in ITSM.||Error|
Blocked loading mixed active content
If an HTTPS page includes HTTP content, the HTTP portion is not secure. This content is not secure even though the main page is served over HTTPS. In such a scenario, the content is known as “mixed”. When there is mixed content, an error message such as
Blocked loading mixed active content is displayed by the browser and you cannot view the mixed content.
Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
- If Mid Tier Tomcat is SSL enabled and AR Jetty is not SSL enabled, you must configure SSL on AR Jetty.
You can enable SSL for any server by using either a proxy server or a load balancer. If Mid Tier Tomcat has a load balancer in place, then you must ensure that the AR Jetty also has a load balancer.
In the AR Centralize Configurations, check whether the value of the Redirect-URL field contains the correct Jetty URL.
If Jetty is behind a load balancer, then the redirect URL should contain the load balancer URL.
For more information about configuring the Redirect-URL field, see Configuring the URL to access the new CMDB UI through Mid Tier.