Troubleshooting the REST API
To understand errors from the REST API, examine the status code of the response along with the response body if present. If that does not help, and you have access to the application's logs, look at the log file for the REST APIs and services. The steps to set the log level for the REST APIs and services are explained as follows:
To set the log level
- You can configure the log level from the CMDB UI to collect more log information.
- On the CMDB UI, select Configurations> Core Configurations > CMDB Services.
- Set the log level of CMDB Services component to Info or Debug as shown in the following figure:
For more information, see CMDB Services configuration settings.
For setting up CMDB Engine logging, see Contents of the logs.
Issues with using the Graphwalk endpoint to search for related CIs
An error “Error parsing: graph_walk_query” indicates that one or more query parameters are not compliant with the query parameter format as described in the graphwalk query parameters table.
The new BMC CMDB user interface does not launch
This issue is observed when you configure the Jetty server by using a secured socket layer (SSL). Perform the following steps:
- Open the arserver.config file, located in the InstallationDirectory\ARSystem folder.
- Add the following line in the arserver.config file.