Running the CDM Denormalization utility
You can run the CDM denormalization process using the GUI provided in the BMC Atrium Core console. If you perform an upgrade, you must run the CDM Denormalization utility after the upgrade is complete.
Perform the following steps to denormalize CDM:
- In the Atrium Core Console, select Advanced > CDM DeNormalization.
The Atrium CDM DeNormalization Console opens in a new window.
- Select the following:
- (mandatory)Have you taken AR database backup ?
- (optional) Do you want to rebuild indexes on the impacted tables at the end ?
Click Start CDM DeNormalization.
NoteStart CDM DeNormalization is unavailable until you have selected Have you taken AR database backup?.
The status of denormalization is displayed in a table.
The following color coding is used to denote different statuses:
Amber: In progress
The utility performs certain prevalidation tasks before running the denormalization tasks.
See CDM denormalization prevalidation tasks.
A list of the all the classes that are denormalized is logged into the log file.
The CDM denormalization process begins.
At this stage, various tasks are performed to denormalize the classes.
You must factor in the downtime that is required during the denormalization process.
See Performing the CDM denormalization execution tasks.
The CDM denormalization utility performs post-validation tasks.
Ensure that post-validation stage is completed successfully.
If any post-validation errors are reported, the utility exits.
You must fix the errors and run the utility again.
When you run the utility, it skips all the tasks that were earlier completed successfully and resumes from the step the error occurred.
See Performing the CDM denormalization post validation tasks.
The following message is displayed after the denormalization process has completed successfully.
- (Optional) In the cdmflattenning.log file, verify if the CDM classes and relationships are denormalized and the data is migrated to the BMC_BaseElement and BMC_BaseRelationships class.
The log file is located at the following location:
<install dir>\BMC Software\AtriumCore\cmdb\utils\cdmflattening\log\cdmflattenning.log
- Refresh the BMC AR System Mid Tier and sync the cache.
Migrate the delta data.
See Migrating delta data after CDM denormalization.
After the denormalization process is complete and the data migration is confirmed, you can delete the BMC.CORE:BMC_Product_, BMC.CORE:BMC_Component_, and BMC.CORE:BMC_LogicalSystemComponent_ forms. You can use Developer Studio in base development mode to delete these forms.
For detailed documentation on searching corresponding forms, see .
When you run the CDM denormalization utility, a custom CatSubclasses that is within the BMC_Software abstract class with attributes of a custom CatSubclass is not moved to the BaseElement class.
- After you run the CDM denormalization utility, the fields related to those attributes are moved to the BaseElement class. These fields are displayed automatically only for the English locale view.
- After you run the CDM denormalization utility, the join definition for the deprecated class below the denormalized class is not updated with the form name of the parent class.