Enabling BMC CMDB web services 1
To work with the CMDB Web Services infrastructure, you must understand how to locate and configure your CMDB Web Services. To make your own web services available for consumption, you must understand how to publish your web services to the CMDB Web Services registry
All CMDB Web Services, including BMC CMDB, Remedy AR System, and other web services, must manage their registrations during their life cycle.
- To register all Remedy AR System web services, see Managing your BMC Remedy AR System web services registration.
- To register all other web services, see Creating and publishing web services for BMC CMDB.
When published with the WSRegistryAPI, each BMC web service is published to the registry with the following information:
- Service Name — the name of the service
- Service Version — the official version of the service
- Business Name — the name of the business entity
- Application Name — the name of the Application area, such as BMC Remedy IT Service Management
- Service Description — a description for the service
- Access Point URL — Specifies the URL of the service access endpoint
- WSDL URL — Specifies the URL of the service web services description language (WSDL)
When you register your CMDB Web Services, you must specify a URL for the access point and, optionally, a URL for the WSDL. The access point URL is formatted as follows:
Server computer name.
Server port number.
The service port name format depends on the type of Web Service implementation that you have. The following service port name values are provided as an example:
For example, to specify the URL for the versions web service:
The WSDL URL is formatted as follows:
For example, to specify the URL for the versions Web Service WSDL:
Configuring CMDB Web Services
The Remedy AR System Registry form and its workflow provide an interface to the CMDB Web Services Registry, thereby simplifying the registry process. A web service is registered by creating a request in the form and enabling it. Changing a setting removes the registration. If the registry is unavailable, the workflow attempts to register or deregister the web service later. The form also reports whether the web service is registered.
Before you can register a web service, the Java plug-in server must be installed and operating, and you must configure a connection to the CMDB Web Services Registry in the WS Registry Integration tab of the Remedy AR System Administration: Server Information form. For details, see .
To register a Remedy ITSM suite web service
- Log into Remedy ITSM suite application.
- From the Applications menu, select AR System Administration > AR System Administration console.
- Select System > General >Web Services Registry.
- In theRemedy AR System Web Services Registrysearch for services using the following criteria:
BMCin the Business Name field
- Yes for Publish to Registry?
Yes for Recommended Value
The list of Remedy ITSM suite services that are shipped with the product is returned.
- Select a registry from the list. The fields of the form are populated with information about this registry.
- Make the following updates in the Build WSDL URL section:
- If you want the WSDL URL to be built and displayed in the WSDL URL field, ensure that Yes is selected for the Build WSDL URL field.
- In the Web Server Address field, replace WebServerAddress with the URL of the web server that provides the WSDL. Include the port number if required. The syntax is http:<webServer>:<port>. As you update this field, if you selected *Yes* for the Build WSDL URL field, the WSDL URL is built and displayed in the WSDL URL field.
- In the ARServer field, enter the name of the Remedy Action Request System server that hosts the web service.
- Make the following updates in the Build End Point URL section:
- If you want the end point URL to be built and displayed in the End Point URL field, ensure that Yes is selected for the Build End Point URL field.
- In the Web Server Address field for the end point URL, replace webServerAddress with the URL of the web server that provides the end point URL. Include the port number if required. The syntax is http://<webServer>:<port>. As you update this field, if you selected *Yes* for the Build End Point URL field, the end point URL is built and displayed in the End Point URL field.
- In the ARServer field, enter the name of the BMC Remedy AR System Server that hosts the end point URL for the web service.
- For the Publish to Registry field, select Yes.
- Save the form.
- Complete step 4 through step 8 for all the Remedy ITSM suite services returned in your search.