Creating a job in Atrium Integrator Spoon
You can use Atrium Integrator Spoon to import and export data from inputs like LDAP, Remedy AR System forms, Remedy ITSM suite forms, and those requiring complex staging tasks or complex data manipulations. BMC provides several sample jobs that you can use as a starting point. You can also refer to sample transformations for each step, which can be accessed from the following location:
For more information about different complex jobs, see Managing complex jobs using Atrium Integrator Spoon.
- Use a naming convention for jobs and transformations that makes them easy to identify. Use the same name prefix to identify related jobs and transformations.
- Use variables for file paths or computer-specific connection information so that file paths and so forth can be determined dynamically instead of statically. You can refer to the Sample jobs for this information.
- When you create a transformation from Atrium Integrator Spoon, ensure that the Remedy AR System server connnection used in the CMDBInput CMDBOutput, LookUp, ARInput, and AROutput steps has an entry in the UDM:RAppassword form with the Remedy Application service user and its password.
- When creating or running an Atrium Integrator job, we recommended that you do not use PDIrepo as a source connection. For CMDB Plugins, use SAMPLE_CMDB_Connection or create an Remedy AR System datastore in the Atrium Integrator Console, and use that datastore in the connection.
To customize a sample job or transformation
The starting point for creating a job using Atrium Integrator Spoon is to customize a sample job or transformation that is already available.
- On the computer where the Atrium Integrator Spoon client installed, select Start > Programs > BMC Software > AR System > BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon.
The Remedy AR System connection dialog box appears.
Remedy AR System Connection
- Log on as follows:
- From the AR Server list, select the Remedy Action Request System server on which you have installed the Remedy Action Request System database.
- In the User Name field, enter the user name for the Remedy Action Request System server.
For information about the user name that you must specify, see Atrium Integrator permissions.
- In the Password field, enter the credentials for the Remedy Action Request System server.
- Click OK.
- In the Atrium Integrator Spoon window, select Tools > Repository > Explore.
The Repository explorer dialog box shows the sample jobs and transformations in the BMCSAMPLES directory.
- Double-click a sample job or transformation.
- Select File > Save as.
In the properties window, enter a name for the job or transformation and then click OK.
The sample job or transformation is saved with the name that you specify.
When you create an Remedy Action Request System transformation from Atrium Integrator Spoon, the records inserted and updated are displayed in the Output column of the Step Matrix table.
Edit the job or transformation as needed.
When you schedule a job from Atrium Integrator Spoon, the scheduling information is not updated the Remedy AR System Job and Remedy AR System Item forms.
For more information about creating a job in Atrium Integrator Spoon, see the Spoon User Guide at http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Spoon+User+Guide .