Editing and deleting authorization profiles
After reviewing the you might want to modify them to better match the requirements of your organization. You can edit an authorization profile by modifying the user groups, roles, and objects associated with the profile. You can edit or delete an authorization profile by accessing its action menu on the Authorization Profiles page in the TrueSight console.
You can edit and delete any of the authorization profiles, including the persona-based default profiles.
Changes in the authorization profile do not take effect in the active session of the users. They must log off and log on again to activate the changes.
Authorization profile action menu
Before you begin
You must be logged in as a user who is a member of the Administrators group. When editing an authorization profile, you must also have access to the user groups, roles and permissions, and objects that you want to include in the authorization profile.
To edit an authorization profile
- In the navigation pane of the TrueSight console select Administration > Authorization Profiles.
- For the profile that you want to modify, select Edit from the action menu to display the Profile Details page.
If you have a long list of profiles, you can type a character string in the search box to filter the list.
The Profile Details page displays three tabs — User Groups, Roles, and Objects.
- In the Profile Details page, perform the following actions:
- To change the user groups, select the User Groups tab and select user groups from the available realms.
- To change the roles, select the Roles tab, and from the action menu, perform any of the following actions on the Edit Roles page, and select Save:
- To remove roles from the list, clear the roles check boxes.
- To add roles, select + Add and select roles from the list; then select OK.
To change the objects associated with the authorization profile, select the Objects tab, and perform the following actions:
- Select a category to modify.
- Select a type, and from the Source list, select an item.
- From the Object option menu, select Edit.
- In Edit Objects window, click + Add.
- Select objects:
For event groups: In the Select Event Groups window, select all event groups or an individual event group for the source specified in step ii, and select OK.
If you select a parent event group, all child event groups are automatically selected.
- For other objects: In the Search for Objects window, select all available objects or select individual objects for the source specified in step ii, and select OK.
- In the Edit Objects window, click Save.
To delete an authorization profile
- In the navigation pane, select Administration > Authorization Profiles.
- Locate the authorization profile to delete and select Delete from its action menu.