Viewing installation and uninstallation log files
The Maintenance Tool provides access to installation and uninstallation logs. Each time that you run the installer or uninstaller, it creates a log file that you can view from a log viewer, which you launch from the Maintenance Tool.
The log viewer is the graphical presentation of the log files. Each installer log session is displayed as a tab. The tab's name includes a timestamp of the installer run. The tab displays the contents of the log file, with errors highlighted in red and warnings highlighted in yellow. Entries are presented in a table format that you can sort.
To view installation and uninstallation log files in the log viewer
Start the Maintenance Tool utility.Click here to expand...You can run the Maintenance Tool in a graphical user interface or from the command line.
To run the Maintenance Tool in a graphical user interface
- (Windows) From the location where you downloaded the installation files inside the utility folder, run the productMaintenanceTool.cmd file.
- (Linux) From the location where you downloaded the installation files inside the utility directory, run the ./productMaintenanceTool.sh file.
To run the Maintenance Tool from the command line
- (Windows) From the location where you downloaded the installation files, open the utility folder, and run
- (Linux) From the location where you downloaded the installation files, open the utility directory, and run
To learn about command-line options
To learn about available command-line options, use the
-?option when you run the command.
- In the Maintenance Tool, click the Logs tab.
- Click Install Log.
- In the log viewer, click the date tab for the log that you want to view.
- Search for rows highlighted in red (errors) or yellow (warnings).
Additionally, you can perform the following actions in the log file screen:
- To sort a column, click the column header. To reverse sort a column, press the Shift key while clicking the column header.
- Select an item in the table and its details are displayed in the area below the table.
- Click the and icons to find or filter specific details.
- Select File > Save As to save a copy of the file with another name and type.
Generating a projects options file to use for another installation
Complete the following procedure to generate the options file from the installation logs. The options file can be used for another regular or silent installation.
- In the log viewer, select File > Save As.
- For Save As Type, select Project Options File from the list.
- In File Name, enter the path where you want to save the options file, or click Browse to select a destination for the file.
- Click OK to save the options file to the specified location.