Validating XML specification files for the adapter for IBM Tivoli
Use the following procedure to validate the XML specification files for the adapter for IBM Tivoli.
The validation process verifies that the following are correct:
- XML syntax
- Instance names and group names, based on real-time collection from the TEMS
To validate XML specification files
- On the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server, define the PNS_HOME variable for the Integration Service.
- (Windows) PNS_HOME=installationDirectory\pproxy\PNS\bin
- (Solaris) PNS_HOME=installationDirectory/pproxy/PNS/Solaris28-sun4
At a command prompt, change the directory to PNS_HOME.
validateXMLcommand according to the following syntax:
bin/itadapter --srv <hostName>:<port>:<userName>:<password>:http --validateXML
- hostName is the IP address or computer name of the TEMS
- port is the port that listens to the TEMS (default 1920)
- userName is the name of a user with access to the TEMS
- password is the password for access to the TEMS
At the end of the validation process, one of the following results is displayed:
Validation is successful
PNS_HOME is not defined correctly or no XML files exist in the itxml directory
Validation fails. Check the XML for errors or duplication.