Restoring the earlier version of the Presentation Server if the upgrade fails
Use this topic to understand how to restore the TrueSight Presentation Server to the earlier version if upgrade fails.
When you upgrade the TrueSight Presentation Server to 11.3.01, the installer automatically backs up the installation and configuration files of the Presentation Server 11.0 and 10.7 installation in one of the following folders:
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver_11.0.00
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver_11.0.00
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver_10.7.00
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver_10.7.00
The installer copies all the installation and configuration files of the TrueSight Presentation Server 11.3.01 installation in the following folder:
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver
To restore the earlier version of the TrueSight Presentation Server
- Stop the TrueSight Presentation Server if it is running.
- Delete the new truesightpserver folder.
- Rename the truesightpserver_11.0.00, or truesightpserver_10.7.00 folder as truesightpserver.
If you are operating in a Linux environment, go to step 5.
(Microsoft Windows) Open regedit and edit the display version settings stored in the following Windows registry key to
- Start the TrueSight Presentation Server.
In a high availability deployment, if the upgrade is successful on the primary server and fails on the secondary server or the reverse, you must restore the earlier version of both the primary server and the secondary server.