Preparing for installation of the TEA Agent
Preinstallation tasks for the Synthetic Transaction Execution Adapter (TEA) Agent
Ensure that you have the following privileges to perform the installation:
- (Windows) You are a user who belongs to the Administrator group.
Note: BMC Software recommends that you install the products or components from a local copy of the installation image and not from a network drive. Installing from a network drive can cause delays in completing the installation.
Complete or review the planning worksheets and the installation worksheets for App Visibility components.
Review known and corrected issues.
- Plan and prepare private certificates for App Visibility components. For details, see Applying private certificates to Synthetic TEA Agents.
Additionally, the TEA Agent installation utility requires the following configuration on the Windows host computer:
To configure the required Terminal Server options
On Windows, to run the installation utility through a Terminal Services connection or a remote desktop session, configure the Terminal Server options that pertain to temporary folders.
You must configure the Terminal Server options only once on a host computer. You do not have to configure the options if you reinstall a TrueSight product on the same host computer.
Do the following:
- On the host computer, open the Local Group Policy Editor by selecting Start > Run, and type gpedit.msc.
- Expand the following folder: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Temporary folders.
- Double-click the following options to set them to Enabled:
- Do not delete temp folder upon exit
- Do not use temporary folders per session
- On the host computer, open the Registry Editor by selecting Start > Run and typing regedit.
- Expand the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server.
- Set the value for PerSessionTempDir and DeleteTempDirsOnExit to 0.
- Restart the computer.
You can revert these changes after you complete the installation process. You might need to restart the computer.
Changing security certificates
If you are implementing custom security certificates, follow the instructions in Applying private certificates to Synthetic TEA Agents.
Where to go from here
If you are installing the product, perform the other preinstallation tasks listed in the Preparing to install the TrueSight Operations Management solution page.