Performance tuning recommendations for the Presentation Server
This section contains information to help you tune your TrueSight Presentation Server environment.
The information is at the server level. If your deployment use case involves more than one server, this information applies separately to each server.
The following tables provides tuning guidelines for a TrueSight Presentation Server that performs both data collection and event management.
Presentation Server tuning parameters
|TrueSight Process name|
Environment recommended value
|Core process max heap||vm.args.system.2||<TSHOME>\conf\custom\csr.conf||vm.args.system.2=-Xmx26g||TrueSight core Java process||12 GB (Xmx12g)||26 GB (Xmx26g)*|
|Core process min heap||vm.args.system.35||<TSHOME>\conf\custom\csr.conf||vm.args.system.35=-Xms13g||TrueSight core Java process||6 GB (Xms6g)||13 GB (Xms13g)*|
|vm.args.system.2||<TSHOME>\conf\custom\idxsrv.conf||vm.args.system.2=-Xms6g||Index server process for Elasticsearch||6 GB (Xms6g)||6 GB (Xms6g)|
|vm.args.system.3||<TSHOME>\conf\custom\idxsrv.conf||vm.args.system.3=-Xmx6g||Index server process for Elasticsearch||6 GB (Xmx6g)||6 GB (Xmx6g)|
|*For better performance, you can increase these values by 20% if your system has sufficient RAM.|
Optimize the event synchronization
If you are on a large environment and if you encounter slightly slower response times due to the large number of events being synchronized, perform the following steps:
- From a command prompt, go to the <installation directory>\truesightpserver\bin directory.
- Run the following commands to set the eventSchedulePeriod property:
tssh properties set eventSchedulePeriod 12000
tssh server stop
tssh server start
The Presentation Server service is restarted to apply the new setting.
On Linux computers, add
& at the end of the
tssh server start and
tssh server stop commands so that the process runs in the background and you can continue to use the shell.
Disable on-access virus scanners
If your environment has an on-access virus scanner enabled, the startup and access time of the TrueSight Presentation Server might increase.
Exclude the TrueSight Presentation Server installation directory from the on-access virus scanner. The following instructions are for McAfee On-Access Scan. If you are using a different product, consult the product's documentation for additional information.
- Access the McAfee On-Access Scan properties.
- On the left pane, select Low-Risk Processes.
- On the Exclusions tab, select Exclusions and then Add.
- Browse and select the Infrastructure Management Server installation directory. For example, C:\Program Files\BMC Software\TrueSightPServer. Select the Also exclude subfolders checkbox.
- Select OK to exclude the installation directory from being scanned by McAfee On-Access Scan.