Performance and scalability guidelines for the Presentation Server
The TrueSight Presentation Server performance depends on several variables. Performance testing and sizing information is based on controlled, internal testing of the TrueSight Presentation Server to ensure optimum performance.
TrueSight Infrastructure Management variables that affect performance and scalability
Substantial changes in any of the following variables can change the expected performance numbers:
- Total number of monitored instances. A monitored instance is the equivalent of the NT_CPU BMC PATROL application class.
- Total number of attributes. An attribute in TrueSight Infrastructure Management corresponds to the CPU utilization parameter in BMC PATROL.
- Application model content, including the following considerations:
- Number of application models
- Number of configuration items (CIs) per application model
- Depth of a application model
- Types of monitored devices
- Number of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Retention period of data and events
- Number of concurrent users
- Number of external events per day
- Number of alarms and abnormalities per day
- Disk I/O of the database server
- Network bandwidth utilization
- Hardware configuration, including the number of CPUs, amount of memory, and (such as SAN or RAID)
The platforms referenced in this section refer to platforms that BMC used in testing and do not reflect all of the supported platforms. For details about supported platforms, see System requirements for Presentation Server .