Installing Remedy SSO in the standalone mode using the Remedy installer wizard
Where you are in the Installation process
|1||Complete the planning activities|
|2||Prepare for TrueSight Operations Management installation
|3||Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase A (You are here)|
|Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase B|
|4||Install TrueSight Presentation Server|
|5||Install TrueSight Infrastructure Management (If licensed)|
|6||Install TrueSight App Visibility Manager (If licensed)|
|7||Install Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition (If licensed)|
|8||Install TrueSight IT Data Analytics (If licensed)|
|9||Complete the post-installation activities|
To install Remedy SSO using the wizard-based Remedy installer
Do the following:
- Unzip the Remedy SSO.
Run the installation program based on your operating system.
- For Microsoft Windows, run setup.exe.
- For Linux, run sh setup.sh.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
- Select BMC Remedy Single Sign-On <version number>, and then click Next.
- Browse to select the Apache Tomcat directory path where Remedy SSO application will be deployed.
Enter the database settings by entering the following values:
Field Description Type The type of the database. Select one of the following values:
- Microsoft SQL
Note: Embedded database does not need to be installed separately. The Remedy SSO installer installs and sets up this database at the time of installation. BMC recommends using the embedded database for testing and demo purposes only and not using it in the production environment.
Host Host name of the database server. Port Port of the database server. Database name Name of the database Instance Database instance name.
Assign a database user. The details of the user will be used by Remedy SSO to access the details of application configuration and user sessions. You may choose to provide the credentials for an existing database user with permissions to create tables or create a new user.
- Enter a cookie domain, and then click Next.
- The domain value of the cookie must be the network domain of Remedy SSO or one of its parent domains.
- In the Installation Preview window, click Install.
- Log in with default credentials (URL: http(s)://<rsso_servername_FQDN>:port/rsso/admin; User Name: Admin; Password: RSSO#Admin#).
- After you log in for the first time, change the password.
- You must note down the cookie domain configured on the Remedy Single Sign-On server, as you need this when you configure the domain for the Presentation Server.
- You must note down the updated Remedy SSO Admin user password, as you need to update the password from the TrueSight console after you install or upgrade the Presentation Server. For more information, see
Troubleshooting installation issues
If you face issues during installation, see