Installing Remedy SSO in the high-availability mode using the Remedy installer wizard
Where you are in the Installation process
|1||Complete the planning activities|
|2||Prepare for TrueSight Operations Management installation|
|3||Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase A (You are here)|
|Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase B|
|4||Install TrueSight Presentation Server|
|5||Install TrueSight Infrastructure Management (If licensed)|
|6||Install TrueSight App Visibility Manager (If licensed)|
|7||Install Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition (If licensed)|
|8||Install TrueSight IT Data Analytics (If licensed)|
|9||Complete the post-installation activities|
To install Remedy SSO using the wizard-based Remedy installer in the high-availability mode
Remedy Single Sign-On high-availability environment is implemented as a redundant system with session failover. If the primary node fails, the load is transitioned to the secondary node with minimal interruption.
In a high-availability (HA) environment, multiple instances of the Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) web application are deployed to form a cluster. Usually, a load balancer is used as a front end to the cluster, giving the external applications the appearance of a single server. The load balancer distributes requests among Remedy SSO nodes. However, there is no requirement for a sticky session, because requests can be handled by any instance.
You need to perform the following tasks to install Remedy SSO in a high-availability mode:
You cannot install Remedy SSO in high availability mode with the embedded database type.
- Ensure that Remedy SSO is installed successfully on the primary node.
Unzip the Remedy SSO files on an additional node.
- Enter the values from the Installation worksheets to run the installation program as described in To install Remedy SSO on a single server. Make sure that you apply the following installation settings on a secondary node:
- The database settings must be same as the settings used by the primary node.
- The database user name and password should the same as on the primary node.
- In the Assign database user field, select the Use Existing User option.
- Complete the rest of the installation steps.
Set up and configure the load balancer details
Set up the load balancer on a host computer other than the primary and secondary Remedy SSO host computers. Refer to the specific load balancer documentation or ask the vendor for details about the configuration.
Troubleshooting installation issues
If you face issues during installation, see