Installing Remedy SSO in the high-availability mode using the Remedy installer silently
Where you are in the Installation process
|1||Complete the planning activities|
|2||Prepare for TrueSight Operations Management installation|
|3||Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase A (You are here)|
|Install Remedy Single Sign-On — Phase B|
|4||Install TrueSight Presentation Server|
|5||Install TrueSight Infrastructure Management (If licensed)|
|6||Install TrueSight App Visibility Manager (If licensed)|
|7||Install Real End User Experience Monitoring Software Edition (If licensed)|
|8||Install TrueSight IT Data Analytics (If licensed)|
|9||Complete the post-installation activities|
The silent (or unattended) installation obtains the required user inputs from the options.txt file. Create the options file before you begin installation. If you plan to configure a PostgreSQL database, specify the PostgreSQL-specific properties too.
To create the silent options file
For any version-specific changes, you must see the corresponding version of the Remedy SSO documentation.
- Create the options file. For more information, see
- Specify the following properties in the options.txt file based on the configured database. For more information, see or
To install Remedy SSO using the silent Remedy installer in the high-availability mode
Remedy Single Sign-On high-availability (HA) environment is implemented as a redundant system with session failover. In this model, if a node fails, the single sign-on load is transitioned to the remaining servers with minimal interruption.
Do the following:
You cannot install Remedy SSO in high availability mode with the embedded database type.
- Ensure that Remedy SSO is installed successfully on the primary node.
Unzip the Remedy SSO files on a secondary node.
- Enter the values from the Installation worksheets to run the installation program as described in Install Remedy SSO server in standalone mode. Make sure that you apply the following installation settings on the secondary node:
- The database settings must be the same as the settings used by the primary node.
- The database user name and password must be the same as on the primary node.
- In the Assign database user field, select the Use Existing User option.
- Follow the instructions on the UI to complete the rest of the installation steps.
Troubleshooting installation issues
If you face issues during installation, see