Upgrading Integration Service on Microsoft Windows
This topic explains how to upgrade Integration Service on a Microsoft Windows environment.
Before you begin
- If the Integration Service cell KB has any customizations, ensure that your existing customized KB is merged with the new 11.0 version.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are upgrading the Integration Service adheres to the hardware, operating system, platform, and software requirements listed in System requirements and product compatibility for Infrastructure Management.
- If you have installed only the Integration Service and not the cell but the cell directory (\Agent\server directory) exists in the computer, the upgrade installer upgrades the Integration Service as well as installs the cell. If you do not want to install the cell, rename the cell directory and proceed with the Integration Service upgrade. Post upgrade, you can rename the cell directory to the original name.
- If you have manually changed the standalone or High Availability (HA) mode for the cell after installation, see Prerequisites for Integration Service and Remote cell upgrade.
To upgrade Integration Service on Microsoft Windows
Access one of the following locations and download the Integration Service installation program:
- DVD — Insert the installation DVD. In the <installLocation>\Windows directory, open the TSIMAgent\Windows folder.
- BMC Software EPD website—For more information about downloading the installation program from the BMC Software EPD website, see Downloading the Infrastructure Management installation files.
- TrueSight console—For more information about downloading the installation program from the TrueSight console, see Downloading and installing additional instances of the Integration Service.
Save the TSIMAgent.zip file on your drive and extract its contents. Open the install.cmd file with the Run as administrator option.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
The preinstallation check utility verifies whether the computer meets the requirements for installing the Integration Service. If the preinstallation check fails, the errors or warnings are listed in the Notification page. In that case, ensure that you correct the issues, and restart the installation process.
- On the Existing Installed Instances Detected page, select Maintain or update the instance of this application selected below.
- Select the Integration Service or Remote Cell instance to upgrade, and click Next.
- On the Upgrade Confirmation page, click Yes, and click Next.
The installer automatically checks for the upgrade requirements. If it finds any errors, it displays them on a separate window. You can quit the upgrade process at this point, correct the indicated discrepancies, and then rerun the upgrade.
On the Configuring KB Migration Path page, if you have already migrated customized KB definitions to the new standard 11.0 KB, select Yes, and browse to the path of the customized KB directory.
The directory path must follow this hierarchy structure for each cell KB to be migrated:
\topLevelDirectory\mergedKB\server\etc\cellName, where \server\etc\cellName is the standard subdirectory.
If you do have KBs to migrate but have not done so yet, you can stop the upgrade process and migrate the KBs by using the
mmigrateutility. For more information, see Using the mmigrate utility. After you successfully migrate the KB to version 11.0, you can continue with this procedure.
During the upgrade, the installer copies the KBs in the \mergedKB\server\etc\cellName directory and overwrites them in the default installationDirectory\pw\server\etc\cellName directory.
On the Installation Preview window, click Install.
When the upgrade is complete, the upgrade automatically starts the Integration Service processes.
After upgrading the Integration Service and Cell on the primary server, stop the Integration Server processes on the primary server and proceed with the upgrade of Integration Service and Cell on the secondary server. After the upgrade is completed on the secondary server, you must start the processes on the primary server.
- On the Installation Summary window, click View Log to display the installation/upgrade log.
The Integration Service is upgraded.
After you upgrade an Integration Service, in the Windows Services snap-in, the Description column of the upgraded Integration Service is not automatically updated. It is updated after you restart the Integration Service.
Where to go from here
- After you upgrade the Integration Service and remote cell, verify that Integration Service and cell is running
- Restore original SSL certificates for Integration Service.