Restoring the earlier version of the Presentation Server if the upgrade fails
When you upgrade the TrueSight Presentation Server to 11.0, the installer automatically backs up the installation and configuration files of the Presentation Server 10.7 and 10.5 installation in one of the following folders:
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver_10.7.00
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver_10.7.00
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver_10.5.00
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver_10.5.00
The installer copies all the installation and configuration files of the TrueSight Presentation Server 11.0 installation in the following folder:
- (Microsoft Windows) installationDirectory\TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver
- (Linux) installationDirectory/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver
If the upgrade is not successful, perform the following steps to restore the earlier version of the TrueSight Presentation Server:
- Stop the TrueSight Presentation Server if it is running.
- Delete the new truesightpserver folder.
- Rename the truesightpserver_10.7.00, or truesightpserver_10.5.00 folder as truesightpserver.
(Microsoft Windows) Open regedit and edit the display version settings to
10.5.00stored in the following Windows registry key:
- Start the TrueSight Presentation Server.
In a high availability deployment, if the upgrade is successful on the Primary server and fails on the Secondary server or the reverse, you must restore the earlier version of both Primary and Secondary servers.