Remedy SSO system requirements for TrueSight Operations Management
Before installing the Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) Server, which is a prerequisite product for the Presentation Server, ensure that its target system meets the following requirements.
Consult the Deployment options for Remedy SSO with TrueSight Operations Management topic to determine whether to use the Remedy installer or the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO for installing Remedy SSO.
System requirements for TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO
Operating System and Platform requirements
The Remedy Single Sign-On server is supported on the following operating systems.
|Platform||64-bit x86 compatible PC|
An additional 7-10 GB of space is recommended for log file growth, depending on the volume of users and products that are integrated with the Remedy Single Sign-On Server.
On a Linux setup, ensure that
glibc-2.12.x86_64 (or later versions) is installed on the computer where you plan to install Remedy Single Sign-On.
- Remedy SSO Server uses the HTTP or HTTPS protocol configured on Tomcat. The ports configured on Tomcat must be accessible from the host machines where the other TrueSight (integrated) products such as TrueSight Infrastructure Management and TrueSight Presentation Server are installed.
- Remedy SSO Server installed using the TrueSight installer for Remedy SSO uses the PostgreSQL database and therefore the database ports must be accessible from the Remedy SSO Server host.
System requirements for Remedy SSO installer
Supported hardware platforms and operating systems
The Remedy SSO server is supported on the following operating systems and platforms and their later versions.
|64-bit x86 compatible PC|
- The minimum available disk space on all operating systems must be 1024 MB or higher.
- The Tomcat server on which you install Remedy SSO must have 2048 MB of RAM.
- An additional 7-10 GB of space is recommended for log file growth, depending on the volume of users and products integrating with the Remedy SSO server.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Supported web or application servers
The Tomcat 7 and 8 web/application server and servlet engine are supported on all operating systems and platforms supported by BMC and as defined in the supported hardware platforms and operating systems section.
For more information about security settings, see Security planning.
- MS SQL 2008 and above
- Should be accessible through TCP (not named pipes)
- Should be configured to use SQL Server authentication (not integrated Windows authentication)
- Remedy SSO supports MS SQL Server 'Always On configuration' feature, a DB cluster setup, which is the same for BMC Remedy AR System (Starting from version 9.1.01)
- Oracle 11gR2 and Oracle 12c
- PostgreSQL 9.3 and above (Starting from version 9.1.02)
Remedy SSO can operate on HTTP or HTTPS ports configured in the user's web server. These ports should be accessible from the machines where integrated products such as BMC Remedy Mid Tier, BMC Digital Workplace, and BMC Analytics are installed.
Remedy SSO uses MS SQL and Oracle database and hence the used ports should be accessible from Remedy SSO nodes.
Remedy SSO requires Java version 7.0 or above. The supported vendor is:
Java SE 7
- JRE must be installed before you install Remedy SSO as the Remedy SSO installer does not include the bundled JRE.
- Oracle refers to Java 1.7 as “7.0”. For more details, see Java SE Naming and Versions.
Oracle JRE (Hotspot VM) is the only tested and supported Java platform.