Remedy Single Sign-On at-a-glance
The TrueSight Presentation Server component uses Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) to manage tenants and authenticate users. Earlier releases of TrueSight Presentation Server used Atrium Single Sign-On (Atrium SSO) to handle these functions. Because Remedy SSO does not provide a direct upgrade from Atrium SSO, you must install Remedy SSO and migrate users from Atrium SSO before upgrading the TrueSight Presentation Server.
Before installing or upgrading the TrueSight Presentation Server, review the sections in this topic to familiarize yourself with the Remedy SSO product. The TrueSight Operations Management and Presentation Server documentations include the following Remedy SSO information:
- Planning and installation for Remedy SSO
- Configuring the general settings
- Configuring tenants
- Configuring Local, LDAP/AD, and SAMLv2 authentication to work with the Presentation Server
- Migrating internal user data from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO
For more information on Remedy SSO, you can also access the
Remedy SSO overview
Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) is an authentication system that enables users to enter their credentials only once for authenticating in a multi-software environment. Upon authentication, users automatically gain access to all applications that are integrated with Remedy SSO. In TrueSight Presentation Server, Remedy SSO supports only the following authentication types:
The Infrastructure Management administrator console and TrueOps mobile app does not support the SAMLv2 authentication type.
In TrueSight Presentation Server, Remedy SSO does not support the following authentication types:
Based on your organization's requirements, you can configure any of the authentication types to authenticate the users for TrueSight product components. To configure and use these authentication types you must do the following:
- Install the Remedy Single Sign-On server and configure it with an authentication server such as LDAP/AD or SAMLv2.
- Create the required tenants (realms), user groups, and users on the Remedy Single Sign-On Admin console.
- Integrate the Remedy Single Sign-On server with the TrueSight Presentation Server during the TrueSight Presentation Server installation or upgrade.
Supported Remedy Single Sign-On Server versions with Presentation Server
The following table illustrates the required versions of TrueSight Presentation Server and Remedy SSO for TrueSight Presentation Server.
TrueSight Presentation Serverversion
Remedy Single Sign-On version
9.1.03.001 and later.
1 - You can use the instructions in this document to download, install, upgrade, or configure only Remedy SSO 9.1.03.001 version.
2 - If you want to download, install, upgrade, or configure a 9.1.04 version, go to and perform the installation instructions given in
3 - If you want to upgrade and configure one of the supported higher version of Remedy SSO, see , , or .
Note: If you have Remedy Single Sign-On installed, you must check and apply the relevant patches for a seamless integration with the TrueSight Presentation Server. Before proceeding with the patch installation, stop the TrueSight Presentation Server and back up Remedy Single Sign-On.
Remedy SSO features
Remedy SSO is a lightweight system that offers the following features:
- Multiple deployment options
- High-availability and session failover provisions
- Multitenancy option by default
- User ID transformations
- Authentication Fallback/Chaining
- Login page branding
- Logging options
For the TrueSight Presentation Server, Remedy SSO supports only the following localization languages:
- Simplified Chinese
Remedy SSO and TrueSight Presentation Server upgrade
The Remedy SSO server must be installed before you install or upgrade the TrueSight Presentation Server. Before upgrading the TrueSight Presentation Server, you must perform the following steps.
- Install Remedy SSO.
- Migrate the internal user groups and internal users from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO.
Remedy SSO and Atrium SSO comparison
For existing Presentation Server and Operation Management users, the following comparison is provided:
|Area||Remedy SSO||Atrium SSO|
|User login |
|Supported authentication types|
|* (asterisk) is the default tenant (realm).||BmcRealm is the default tenant (realm).|
Two different installers are available.
|Single consolidated installer.|
|Communication interface||Uses both a web agent and REST APIs.||Uses only REST APIs.|
Where to go from here
- Before installing Remedy SSO for the TrueSight Operations Management solution, see Implementation phases for Operations Management and Installation process overview.
- Before upgrading the TrueSight Operations Management solution, see Upgrade process overview for the TrueSight Operations Management solution.