Preparing to install Infrastructure Management in high availability cluster mode
The following are the prerequisite tasks that you must perform before installing Infrastructure Management in HA mode:
- Ensure that the cluster configuration is of ‘node and cluster disk majority’ type.
Ensure that the cluster name does not contain an underscore (_).
- Ensure that a visible quorum disk is available.
- Ensure that the HA installer files are not copied to the shared disk.
- Ensure that you have the identical operating system version (for example, Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server) on the primary and the secondary computers.
- Ensure that you have identical hardware configuration on the primary and the secondary computers.
- Ensure that the primary and the secondary computers are located in the same domain.
- Configure the logical IP address.
- Ensure that the primary and the secondary computers have identical time stamps.
- Ensure that the Microsoft Clustering software is installed on both the primary and the secondary computers.
- Ensure that you add the common logical IP address/host name to be allocated to the two computers to the domain name service (DNS).
- Map the disk to be shared between the two computers with the same directory name and/or directory path on both the computers.
- The IP address, disk, and network name must be present in the same group.
- Ensure that your cluster is configured correctly by running the
hostnamecommand in a command prompt window.
- For HA installations on Solaris systems, ensure that this command returns the virtual host name and not the physical host name.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you