Performing an App Visibility agent for .NET upgrade
After you upgrade an agent, it runs using the same log files and configuration, and the same agent policy and recording configuration apply.
Before you begin
Download the App Visibility agent for .NET installation files from the Electronic Product Distribution site to a temporary directory on the agent computer.
You must have administrative privileges for the application server that will be monitored.
To upgrade an App Visibility agent for .NET
- Copy and extract the files to a temporary directory on the target computer.
- To launch the wizard, double-click setup.exe.
When you run the setup.exe installation wizard on a system with a previous version of the product, the wizard automatically switches to upgrade mode.
On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the upgrade process ends.
- To confirm that you want to upgrade, click Install.
The utility installs the current version with the same values as the earlier installation.
- If required services are running, such as IIS, click Next to confirm that the services will be stopped.
Services are restarted at the end of the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is complete, click View Log to view the log files and confirm that the upgrade process was successful.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
Behavior of agent and agent policy after upgrade
Upgrading the App Visibility agent does not change the agent policy files. Agent policy files are upgraded with the App Visibility server, and they contain the new features for the agents. The agent for .NET continues to use the same agent policy file as before the upgrade.
Where to go from here
If you upgraded your App Visibility server, and you enabled high availability in the upgraded version, ensure that you to connect to the portal's load balancing server.