Installing the Integration Service and Cell
This section contains information about installing a Integration Service and Remote Cell.
Infrastructure Management allows you to install one or more Integration Services on a single computer. Multiple BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Servers in different locations can connect to different Integration Services running on a single computer. However, each Integration Service on a computer can communicate with only one BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server at a time.
- Installing Integration Service and Remote Cell
- Installing Integration Service on Linux and Remote Cell on Linux, IBM AIX, or Solaris
Recommendations for installing Integration Service and Remote Cell
- Ensure that you do not install Integration Service on the same computer where you have installed the Infrastructure Management Server.
The Infrastructure Management Server is the central system for all the Infrastructure Management functions. Therefore, the performance of the Infrastructure Management Server must be at its peak. The Infrastructure Management Server has its own Self-Monitoring Service that monitors the health of the Infrastructure Management system.
Installing a Integration Service on the same computer pulls resources away from the Infrastructure Management Server components. If multiple Integration Services are installed on the same computer where the Infrastructure Management Server is installed, the additional services will interfere with some of the server commands.
- (For IT Data Analytics users) Do not install Integration Service on the same computer where you have installed or plan to install the IT Data Analytics. Installing both on the same computer stops the TrueSight Infrastructure Management event collection in IT Data Analytics. However, you can install the IT Data Analytics Collection Agent and Integration Service on the same computer if you are monitoring only the log collection and not event collection.
- (Microsoft Windows) If you want to integrate Infrastructure Management with SCOM 2007 and 2012, ensure that .NET Framework version 3.0 is installed. If you are installing it on Windows 2008 R2, use the Role Management tool. For more information about installing .NET Framework, see the Microsoft website.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are installing the Integration Service and Remote Cell adheres to the hardware, operating system, and software requirements listed in the System Requirements and Product Compatibility section.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are installing the Integration Service and Remote Cell adheres to the requirements described in the Preparing for your installation section.
If you want to install both cell and Integration Service on the same computer on which you have installed only the cell, then you should provide a different location for installing cell and Integration Service. If you provide the same location where you installed the cell (C:\ProgramFiles\BMC Software\TSIMAgent), then the cell entries are removed from the system.
- Although you can install the Integration Service as a root user or a non-root user, BMC recommends that you install the Integration Service as a root user.