Installing the Infrastructure Management administrator console on Linux
This topic provides information about installing and starting the Infrastructure Management administrator console on Linux.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you set the DISPLAY variable. Run the following command to set the DISPLAY variable:
setenv DISPLAY ProactiveNetServerIPaddress
On Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ensure that you install the following libraries:
Library Version Command to install the library
yum install libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
yum install gtk2-2.18.9-10.el6.i686
To install the Infrastructure Management administrator console
Access one of the following locations, and download the administrator console installation files:
- TrueSight console — For more information about downloading the installation files from the TrueSight console, see Downloading administrator console software.
- BMC Software EPD website — For more information about downloading the installation files from the BMC Software EPD website, see Downloading the Infrastructure Management installation files.
Apply executable rights to all the installation files by running the following command:
chmod -R 755 installationDirectoryFolderName
installationDirectoryFolderName is the name of the folder that contains all the installation files.
chmod -R 755 Disk1
- Save the Admin.zip file on the computer where you want to install the administrator console and extract its contents. Open the install.sh file with the Run as administrator option
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the Directory Selection page, retain the default directory, or select a directory of your choice, and click Next.
- On the Installation Preview page, click Install.
To prepare the Infrastructure Management Server running on an IPv6 host for remote administrator console login
If you have the infrastructure management server running on an IPv6 configuration, perform the following steps to enable remote administrator console login:
- Add the entry for the IP address or hostname of the Infrastructure Management Server host in the pw/custom/conf/pronet.conf file:
- Restart the Infrastructure Management Server.
- Restart the Presentation Server.
To start the Infrastructure Management administrator console
- Run the following commands at the command line:
On successful validation, the administrator console is displayed.
To update non-default Impact Admin Server and RMI port number
If you have specified a non-default Impact Admin Server and RMI port during or after the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installation, the administrator console does not connect remotely.
To use the administrator console remotely, update the non-default Impact Admin Server and RMI port information in the following files:
<Remote Admin Installation Directory>/Infrastructure Management Admin/admin/etc/ix.properties
# The JServer port on which IX will be communicating for authentication and authorization # purpose. IX also uses this port for fetching certain configuration related data jserver_comm_port=<Port number on which BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server Impact Admin Server is running>
<Remote Admin Installation Directory>/Infrastructure Management Admin/admin/pronto/conf/pronet.conf
# Port Number used by RmiRegistry pronet.rmi.port=<Port number on which BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server RMIRegistry is running>