Managing the repository and packages
As an administrator, you can select monitoring installation components, such as the BMC PATROL Agent and monitoring solutions, to create a deployable package. The monitoring installation components can then be installed together using the deployable package. You can reuse the deployable packages, or deploy the packages to multiple computers.
After creating a deployable package, you can save the package for future use, or save and download the package on the current host. For saved packages, you can download and install the package on any host, or edit a package.
Perform one of the following steps:
- To save the package for future installation on the current host or other hosts, click Save. You can deploy the saved packages to the PATROL Agent or upgrade the PATROL Agent using the TrueSight console.
- To save the package and download it immediately, click Save and Download. You can download an installation package on one or more hosts and install the components manually. See Downloading and installing saved packages manually.
The Repository page in the TrueSight console lets you manage deployable packages and monitoring solutions.
The following steps summarize the process to deploy packages on PATROL Agents:
- Import the Infrastructure Management PATROL Repository.
- Create a deployable package.
- Deploy and install a deployable package:
- Automated deployment - Deploy and install a deployable package on PATROL Agents using the TrueSight console.
- Manual deployment - Download and install saved packages manually.
- View the deployment and installation summary.
User tasks and features
To view all the tasks that can be performed from the Repository page, see the following topics:
|Deployable Packages||Create a deployable package|
|Edit a deployable package|
|Delete a deployable package|
|Download a deployable package|
|Installation Components||Import installation components|
|Delete installation components|
Log in or register to comment.