Defining service models
You cannot use Impact Model Designer (IMD) to create service models as IMD is Flash based and Flash EOL is on 31 Dec 2020. However, you can use the HARMAN browser to continue using IMD. Alternatively, you can use CMDB forms to create service models. For more information, see Configuring service models using CMDB forms.
Consult the following topics for information on how to design and create a service model.
- Overview of a service model
- How to identify a service model to build
- Understanding a service model
- Understanding a service model created in BMC Impact Model Designer
- Component and relationship status propagation
- Designing a service model
- Next steps in service modeling
- Advanced service modeling
- Building and publishing service models from BMC Atrium CMDB
- Service modeling with BMC CMDB
- Multiple BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server management
- Managing the Publishing Server
- Service models with circular relationship
If defined, you can monitor business services (instances of the bmc_businessservice CI) from the Services page in the TrueSight console. For information, Setting up services to monitor from the TrueSight console.