Using the administrator console to administer the Infrastructure Management environment
Using the Infrastructure Management administrator console, you can add or delete monitored devices and services, as well as change event notifications and thresholds. Some administrative options are also available on the Administration tab in the Options link of the operator console. The following topics describe how to access the Infrastructure Management administrator console so that you can administer the Infrastructure Management environment.
- Launching the Infrastructure Management Administrator Console on Microsoft Windows
- Launching the Infrastructure Management administrator console on Solaris and Linux
- Searching for Infrastructure Management resources and monitors from the administrator console
- Configuring direct connection between the Infrastructure Management Server and the administrator console
- Configuring connections between the administrator console and the cells
- Logging out of and into the Infrastructure Management Server from the administrator console
- Changing your administrator console password
- Running the Administrator Console in secure mode
You can also use the Infrastructure Management Command Line Interface (CLI) to administer the Infrastructure Management environment. For details about using the CLI commands, see Accessing the Command Line Interface.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have successfully installed the administrator console. The administrator console is automatically installed with the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server. You can also install the administrator console separately on a computer remote from the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server, which BMC recommends. For installation instructions, see
Connection protocols used to access the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server
The administrator console can connect to the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server using the following method:
- Direct: Use this connection protocol when Infrastructure Management components are installed on computers that reside on the same side of the firewall. All functionality in the Administration tab (General Administration, Event Management Policies, and Dynamic Data Editor) and the Services Editor tab in the administrator console is accessible through this connection protocol. Ensure that ports 1099 and 3084 are open if you are using a remote administrator console. For more information about these ports, see .
In an HTTPS environment, the administrator console uses Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connections and encryption to connect to the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
For more information on secure login, see Running the Administrator Console in secure mode.