User goals and features
Infrastructure Management and its integrations enable you to:
- Identify that there is a problem (or impending problem) with an application or service before a customer reports the issue. This includes services offered by a cloud environment.
- Avoid wasteful "war room" situations by accurately and quickly identifying problematic IT components affecting a business or technical service.
- Identify the probable cause of the existing or impending application or service disruption.
- Reduce the costs associated with unnecessary component replacement in a cloud environment by accurately detecting resource pool decay.
- Ensure physical and cloud virtual service availability by proactively preventing outage storms.
- Prevent event storms and escalate only the most relevant information, enriched with performance analytics and detailed diagnostics, to the appropriate subject matter experts
- Reduce the cost of IT infrastructure monitoring by automating threshold setting and maintenance.
- Reduce resources wasted on troubleshooting performance degradations resulting from unauthorized infrastructure changes.
- Always be aware of the business impact of key IT infrastructure components on the delivery of the mission and business-critical services, and prioritize efforts accordingly.
- Automatically notify the people that need to be made aware of the situation.
- Prioritize an incident automatically based on business impact.
- Automatically create an incident enriched with troubleshooting and business-relevant information.
- Restore service automatically.
- Measure and report service levels.
By unifying the monitoring and management of physical, virtual, and cloud environments in a single Proactive Operations platform, this unique solution:
- Provides a consolidated view of the performance and impact data from multiple monitoring solutions and IT silos on the delivery of the critical business and technical services.
- Automates the prioritization of events based on predictive service impact analysis.
- Delivers early warning of impending problems, while eliminating reliance on reactive thresholds.
- Automatically pinpoints proactive root cause across infrastructure, users, applications, and services; including configuration changes.
- Continuously captures deep-dive application diagnostics for inclusion in proactive root cause analysis.
- Automatically maps, monitors, and tracks relationships and behavior across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Automates cross-IT work flows and processes across BMC and third-party solutions.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you