Troubleshooting the integration with BMC Change Management
Issue: Unable to send events after successful registration
- Ensure the password for the csm_user user account is the same in both Operations Management and Change Management. For more information, see Changing the password for the csm_user user account.
- Ensure that you have successfully registered the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server to Operations Management.
- Each time you activate the integration, ensure to update the csm_user user account password in Change Management.
Issue: Event not received when a change is scheduled
- From the Application Administration Console in Change Management, use the Test Connection option to ensure the connection to Operations Management is working fine.
- If the connection is successful, search the CAI:Eventsform for any pending event and view the error code for more information.
- If no pending events are found, check arjavaplugin.log in the Change Management server for more information.
Issue: Unable to move the integration to a different Change Management server
- Inactivate the current integration by performing the following steps:
- From the Administration branch, select Integrations.
- Under Change Management Integration, click the action menu and select Edit.
- Clear the Activate Integration check box and save the page.
- Reopen the page and enter the new Change Management server details.
- Select the Activate Integration check box and save the page.
Issue: Unable to see logs related to the integration
The logs are available in the file TrueSight.log at %TSPS_HOME%\truesightpserver\logs
Check rest-access.log for REST calls for integration.
Issue: Will this integration work for non- computer system CIs?
Yes, the integration of BMC TrueSight Operations Management with BMC Change Management works for all type of CIs.
Issue: Unable to view any command-line options for this integration
There are no command-line options to enable this integration.
Use the TrueSight console to enable this integration. For more information, see Integrating with BMC Change Management to enable automated blackout policies.
Issue: Unable to integrate with multiple BMC Change Management servers
Currently, integrating with BMC Change Management is supported on a one-one basis. That is, one BMC TrueSight Presentation server can be integrated with only one BMC Change Management server and the other way around.