Troubleshooting circular relationship in service models
Supported with 11.3.02 and later
Special type of event to indicate the presence of circular relationship in service models is supported only with TrueSight Infrastructure Management version 11.3.02 and later.
If a service model has a circular relationship, the impact status is not computed accurately. The cell creates a special event to indicate the presence of such a circular relationship in a service model as shown in the following image:
Consider the following service model, the Business Service is getting impacted by ComputerSystemCI_1 and ComputerSystemCI_2. The ComputerSystemCI_2 is getting impacted by ComputerSystemCI_1, and ComputerSystemCI_1 in turn is getting impacted by ComputerSystemCI_2 forming a circular relationship.
You can remove the circular relationship using the BMC Impact Model Designer as explained in the following section:
Important information about deleting a CI association
The circular relationship event that is displayed in the TrueSight console will display the details about the latest CI relationship that caused the circular relationship in the service model. You can remove any CI relationship as per your requirement, even though the event is created for the latest CI relationship that caused the circular relationship in the service model.
To remove a circular relationship using the BMC Impact Model Designer
Do the following to remove circular relationship using the BMC Impact Model Designer from the BMC Remedy AR System UI :
- Open a browser and type the URL in the format http://<AR server mid-tier hostname>:<mid-tier port>/arsys, where:
AR server mid-tier hostnamerepresents the host computer on which BMC Remedy AR System mid-tier is installed
mid-tier portis the HTTP port configured for the BMC Remedy AR System
- Log in to BMC Remedy AR System.
- On the Home page, click Applications > BMC Atrium Core > Atrium Core Console.
- On the BMC Atrium Core Console home page, click Applications > Impact Model Designer.
- In the Navigation pane, click Views.
A list of service models are displayed.
Click the service model that has the circular relationship.
- Right-click the relationship that you want to remove, and select Delete from Database as shown in the following image:
The delete Confirmation dialogue box opens and displays the message:
Do you really want to delete the selected CIs and/or relationships?
- Click OK.
The relationship and the associated CI is removed from the service model.
- Promote the service model.
- Publish the modified service model from the Infrastructure Management Server.