Configuring the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server
The installation routine sets the default values for port numbers.
Modifying default port numbers
The following table lists the default port numbers that the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server uses. If these default ports are being used by another process, you must change the default port numbers so that the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server and client can communicate with each other and with connected BMC Impact Manager cells.
Default port numbers
Default port number
HTTP transport server
The HTTP transport server, defined in the server.xml file, specifies the Tomcat server Connector port number. This is the port through which the BMC Impact Integration Web Services client exchanges request-response messages with the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server.
The IIWSGatewayServer receives events from BMC Impact Manager cells. Each BMC Impact Integration Web Services server that Clients subscribe to for receiving events must have an associated IIWSGatewayServer entry in the mcell.dir file.
To change the HTTP transport server or Tomcat server Connector port number, or the TOMCAT shutdown or AJP ports
To change the Tomcat server port or the HTTP transport server,
- Open the $IIWS_HOME/Tomcat/conf/server.xml file.
- Search for the port and change the port value.
- Save the file and restart Infrastructure Management.
Tochange the port number of the IIWSGatewayServer
- In a text editor, open the $IIWS_HOME/Tomcat/webapps/imws/WEB-INF/etc/mcell.dir file.
- Change the port number for the IIWSGatewayServer entry.
- Save and close the file.
- Start or restart the server. If you have other configuration changes to make, you can start or restart the server when you are finished.
Guidelines for using DEBUG to diagnose issues
Use the following information as a guide when diagnosing issues.
- To diagnose issues in sending events, set the following lines to debug:
- To diagnose issues in queries, set the following lines to debug:
- To diagnose issues in receiving subscription events, set the following lines to debug: