BMC Impact Model Designer prerequisites and launching BMC Impact Model Designer
This section contains information about the prerequisites to using BMC Impact Model Designer and also contains instructions on how to launch BMC Impact Model Designer.
Prerequisites to using BMC Impact Model Designer
The prerequisites to using BMC Impact Model Designer are as follows:
- Ensure that you restart BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) mid-tier after installing CMDB Extensions.
- You must be a user with administrator privileges. If you do not have administrator privileges, you must perform some additional tasks to create service models in Impact Model Designer. For more information, see Creating a user without administrative rights in BMC AR Server .
Launching BMC Impact Model Designer
You can open BMC Impact Model Designer from the BMC Remedy AR System UI by performing the following steps:
- Open a browser and enter the URL in the format
http://<AR server mid-tier hostname
- AR server mid-tier hostname represents the system on which BMC Remedy AR System mid-tier is installed.
- mid-tier port is the HTTP port number that the BMC Remedy AR System listens at.
- Log on to BMC Remedy AR System.
- In the Home page, on the left side, click Applications > BMC Atrium Core > Atrium Core Console.
- In the BMC Atrium Core Console page, click Impact Model Designer.
BMC Atrium Core Console is displayed. BMC Impact Model Designer is part of BMC Atrium Core Console.
BMC Atrium Explorer and BMC Impact Model Designer
BMC Impact Model Designer is leveraged from BMC Atrium Explorer and uses the same UI as that of BMC Atrium Explorer. You can use both of these products to create service models. However, BMC Impact Model Designer contains some unique functionality not available in BMC Atrium Explorer.
BMC Impact Model Designer = BMC Atrium Explorer + unique features listed in the BMC Impact Model Designer features section.
You can even create service models using BMC Atrium Explorer. However, you cannot use the suite license to create service models only in BMC Atrium Explorer independent of Infrastructure Management. To do this, you need a BMC Remedy AR System user license.