Troubleshooting the Infrastructure Management operator console
This section lists how to troubleshoot issues that may arise in the operator console.
Graphs are not visible in the Infrastructure Management operator console on a Linux platform
This problem can occur on a Linux platform only. This might happen if particular fonts required for displaying the graph are not present on the OS.
Solution: To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Ensure that the user who installed or upgraded Infrastructure Management has read, write, and execute permissions to the following:
- Arial*.ttf file located at linux/fonts
- /pw/apps3rdparty/graphing/ folder
- Provide 755 permission to the pw\pronto\web\html\graphs\custom\detail folder.
- Run the following commands to install Ghostscript:
yum install ghostscript
yum install ghostscript-fonts
Note for high-availability environment
In an HA environment, you need to run the preceding commands on both the primary and secondary servers.
- Provide the
umaskpermission to the Infrastructure Management server, with value set to
- Restart the Infrastructure Management server.
Events are not visible in the Infrastructure Management operator console
Events are not visible in the event list on the Infrastructure Management operator console.
If you modify the structure of an event class on a cell (add a slot to an existing class or add a new class), you must restart TrueSight Infrastructure Management server for the events to be visible on the Infrastructure Management operator console. You can restart TrueSight Infrastructure Management server by running the
pw system start command. See How event classes are structured.
Access to the Groups view is blocked
With the Java Runtime Environment 7 update 51, newer self-signed applets are blocked by default and cannot be accessed by a Web browser. Because of this, access to the Groups view in the Infrastructure Management operator console may be blocked.
- Execute the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javacpl.execommand.
- Click the Security tab.
- Add the main URL to the exception list by editing the Exception list as follows: http://<hostname>/
- Confirm the settings, close the browser and reopen it.
Some events are not localized in the Infrastructure Management operator console
Some events in the Infrastructure Management operator console may not be localized even though the locale and LANG environment variable are set to be non-English.
Without restarting the server on which Infrastructure Management is installed, run the
pw system start command to restart Infrastructure Management.
The Abnormality Grid view does not display
Sometimes, because of some database activities that are in progress, the Abnormality Grid view does not open and displays an internal error.
Close the page and try opening it after some time.
Operator console fails to launch from a computer other than the one on which the server is installed
To launch the operator console URL from a computer other than the one where the server is installed, you might need to change the configuration.
From Control Panel > Network and sharing Center, change Network discovery to Custom.
Change the Windows firewall setting to Off.
Operator console becomes unresponsive
While using the Mozilla Firefox browser, if you navigate away from the tab where you opened the Operator console, and then return to the tab later, the Operator console stops responding.
Workaround: Proceed in one of the following ways:
- Drag the Operator console tab into a new window and then refresh the page.
- Access the Operator console in a new window (in a new browser session).
Operator Console fails to cross-launch a child Infrastructure Management server
In the operator console, you cannot cross-launch to a child TrueSight Infrastructure Management server. This might happen because the child server name is not a fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
Perform the following steps:
1. In the installation_directory\pw\pronto\conf\servers.properties file, change all the child server entries to FQDN.
2. Restart the central TrueSight Infrastructure Management server.