Starting and stopping the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server
Verify that the following configuration has been done:
- Any BMC Impact Manager cells that you want to connect to are entered in the mcell.dir file in the $IIWS_HOME/Tomcat/webapps/imws/WEB-INF/etc/ directory for the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server.
- The IIWSGatewayServer entry for the BMC Impact Integration Web Services server has been added to the mcell.dir file under $IIWS_HOME/Tomcat/webapps/imws/WEB-INF/etc/ of each BMC Impact Manager cell from which you want to receive events.
Tostart and stop the Tomcat server on Microsoft Windows
You need to start and stop the server from the Microsoft Windows Services.
- From the desktop or Start menu, navigate to Services.
- To stop or start the server, select the BMC Impact Integration Web Services service, and right-click to open the menu. The service name is BMCIWS, and the display name is Impact Integration Web Service.
- To stop the application server, select Stop.
- To start the application server, select Start.
- To set the server to start manually,
- Right-click the service and select Properties.
- For Startup type, select Manual and click OK.
Tostart and stop the Tomcat server on UNIX
Use the following script located in the $IIWS_HOME/Tomcat/bin directory to start or stop the Tomcat server:
./BMCImpactWebService start | stop
You can also start and stop the Tomcat server by using the following procedure:
Set the JAVA_HOME env variable, and then run