Integrating with Atrium CMDB to automatically detect business service impact relationships
This topic provides details about retrieving and viewing Atrium Configuration Management Database (CMDB) configuration items in Infrastructure Management service models. The Atrium CMDB is used for sharing configuration data among various BMC products.
Infrastructure Management can automatically detect business service impact relationships stored in the Atrium CMDB to perform precise root cause and business impact analysis, utilizing fewer people to triage problems. Leveraging existing configuration items (CIs) and service impact relationships defined in the Atrium CMDB ensures consistency and eliminates the need to maintain the same information in multiple tools. If you configure event propagation among the nodes of one Infrastructure Management enterprise environment, status propagation occurs. Infrastructure Management supports distribution of service models across the nodes of a Infrastructure Management enterprise environment. For more information, see Use cases for centralized service models.
If you are integrating with the Atrium CMDB, all TrueSight Infrastructure Management Servers in your environment must be synchronized with a single CMDB for probable cause analysis and event propagation to work properly.
If you configure a new Atrium CMDB with TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server and you need to publish a service model, you must manually update and restart the publishing server configuration.
For information about this integration, see the following links:
- Benefits of integrating with BMC Atrium CMDB
- How service model objects in BMC Atrium CMDB are published and monitored in Infrastructure Management
- Configuring BMC Atrium CMDB integration
- Using a customized SSL certificate to create a secure connection to the BMC Atrium CMDB
- Creating and editing publication filters
- Viewing computer system CIs
- Finding CIs that are present in Infrastructure Management but not in BMC Atrium CMDB
- Infrastructure Management classes in BMC Atrium CMDB
- Automatically creating group hierarchies
- Synchronizing attributes in BMC Atrium CMDB to Infrastructure Management