Generating reports in the operator console
The Reports tab in the operator console presents extensive information about creating, editing, deleting, copying, and changing the email based on the assigned access privileges for various report types. You can query the reports by using filter options to view the applicable reports. Some of the report types also have default reports.
In the initial display on the Reports tab, the defined reports are listed in tabular form. The following table lists the columns of report attributes that appear for each report.
Views of report information on the Report tab
Reports are generated based on the selected report type, for example, Administrative, General, or SLO.
Displays a list of report generation frequencies; Daily, Weekly, and Monthly at which the report is generated
Displays a list of schedules; Business Hours and 24x7 based on which the report is generated. For example, schedule 24x7, considers data collected throughout the day for the entire week (including Saturday and Sunday). The schedule displayed in the report listing depends on the individual schedules of the components that make up the report. For example, if a report based on Service Level Objectives (SLOs) is made up of more than one SLO, the schedule is displayed as Mixed. Each SLO can have a different schedule. When the schedule is not applicable, a hyphen is shown.
Name of the report owner
Title of the report
- Default reports cannot be restored if they are deleted. Infrastructure Management recommends that default reports must not be deleted from the system.
- Asset reports do not track changes made to the Monitor Wizard based monitors. In case attributes associated with a monitor created through Monitor Wizard are changed after asset report creation, the asset report continues to report on the original attributes.
Raw data is archived after eight days. To generate reports based raw data for longer periods, change the archive settings by using pw commands (pw log period).
Increasing the archive period has performance impacts and is not recommended. Infrastructure Management recommends using rate data for generating reports for longer periods.
- Infrastructure Management does not support use of special characters for subtransaction names. In case any of the reports includes web transaction monitors with special characters in the subtransaction names, the report is not generated.
For non-restricted users, the Operations Console displays the following reports in the Reports list page:
- All public reports (irrespective of who created the report)
- All reports that are shared with the user group (irrespective of who created the report)
- Any private report created by a user
- All the reports display the date and time zone when the report was generated by the report owner. Time zone displayed on the report is the timezone of the report owner (user who generated the report).
When user, other than report owner, access the report, it displays the time zone of the report owner when the report was actually generated.
If a user in IST time zone access the report, which was created in PST time zone, the report displays the PST time zone. However, all the new reports generated by the current user, display the IST time zone.
- Frequency based report generation schedulers always run as per the server time zone.
Report options and procedures
The following topics describe the options and procedures for reports created in the operator console:
- Report options available in the operator console
- Report types available in the operator console
- Report Scheduler in the operator console
- Copying an existing report in the operator console
- Deleting a report in the operator console
- Creating or editing a report in the operator console
- Changing email settings in a report in the operator console
- Data Collection and Consistency Status Problem report in the operator console