Configuring the TrueSight Intelligence metric filter
You can integrate TrueSight Intelligence and TrueSight Infrastructure Management to view metric data in TrueSight Intelligence. You can filter based on services, applications, or devices.
Before you begin
Ensure that the TrueSight Intelligence Metric Adapter is installed and registered with the Presentation Server. For more information, see
To create a TrueSight Intelligence Metric Filter
Perform the following steps to create a TrueSight Intelligence Metric Filter:
- Log in to the TrueSight console and navigate to the Configuration > TrueSight Intelligence Metric Filter page.
- Click Create Filter.
On the Add Filter page, provide the required information.
Name Creates a filter with this name. TrueSight Intelligence App ID Send metric data to the TrueSight Intelligence App that uses this App ID. If the App ID does not exist, a new App is created.
Note: The App ID must start with a number or a letter. The remainder can contain letters, numbers, spaces, and the special characters _ . - / @ % # *
Filter By Filter by services, applications, or devices.
After you make a selection, the available monitor types and attributes are displayed.
Show Non-KPIs Displays metrics that are not set as KPIs. By default, TrueSight Intelligence only displays metrics that are set as KPIs under the App.
- Click Add to add the selected filter criteria. Repeat the preceding steps to add multiple filter criteria.
- After you have added all required filter criteria, save the filter.
Example use case
As an administrator, you want to view the memory performance data for a Windows server in a particular application App1.
Create a TrueSight Intelligence metric filter in the TrueSight console
- From the TrueSight console, navigate to the Configuration > TrueSight Intelligence Metric Filter page.
- Create a new filter Data_filter_App1 with the same TrueSight Intelligence App ID.
The filter name and App ID do not have to be the same.
- In the Filter By section, select Applications and then App1 from the list of applications.
- In the Monitor Type section, select Windows Memory Performance and under Attributes, select Available Bytes and Memory Used.
- Click Add to add the filter criteria and then save the filter.
Data is displayed in TrueSight Intelligence after the next poll interval configured while adding the TrueSight Intelligence Metric Adapter component.
View the metric data in TrueSight Intelligence
- Access the TrueSight Intelligence console.
- A new App Data_filter_App1 is created and accessible from the Apps tab.