Analyzing normalized compute hours by cloud provider
Use the Summary page to understand and analyze the monthly and yearly normalized compute hours of the cloud service providers, and to analyze the monthly and yearly cloud costs and trends for the cloud service providers.
To access the Summary page, in the navigation pane of the TrueSight console, select Cloud Cost Control > and ensure the Summary tab is selected.
The Summary page displays the costs and normalized compute hours details in two separate tabs:
- Normalized Compute Hours
If you want to view and analyze the cost details by cloud provider, see Analyzing costs by cloud provider.
For more information, see the following sections:
The normalized compute hours details are displayed as color-coded charts. By default, the charts display data for the current month and for all available cloud providers. You can use the charts to understand the data on a month-by-month basis to evaluate the total hours spent and the projected hours for every provider.
From the Normalized Compute Hours subpage, you can achieve the following goals:
- View and compare the monthly and yearly compute time (normalized compute hours) by cloud provider
- View and compare the month-by-month normalized compute hours for cloud providers over the past year
- View and compare the projected the month-by-month normalized compute hours for cloud providers over the next year
- Identify the cloud provider with the highest normalized compute hours
- Evaluate the used compute time and estimate the future compute time
By comparing the values that you see in the Costs page and in the Normalized Compute Hours page over months, you can evaluate the impact of compute time on the cost. In a best case scenario, if the cost of a provider increases in a subsequent month, then the corresponding normalized compute hours value must also increase.
To view and analyze normalized compute hours by cloud provider
In the navigation pane of the TrueSight console, select Cloud Cost Control.
The Summary page is displayed.
- In the Summary page, click the Normalized Compute Hours tab.
For a quick summary of the normalized compute hours data per provider, review the charts on the page.
To view the normalized compute hours data for a specific provider only or for a specific month, use the global filters or chart-specific filters:Using filters on the page
1. Cloud Provider quick filter: Click a quick filter button to remove the provider's data from all the charts.
2. Monthly filter: Click the monthly filter to select a specific month for which you want to view the data.The data in the Monthly Cost by Provider and Monthly Costs charts is updated.
Info: By default, the page displays data for the current month and for all available cloud providers. The options that you select in the global filters (Cloud Provider quick filter, Monthly filter) apply to all the page elements (table and charts).
Chart filter: Click the provider name in the legend of a chart to hide or display its data.
The screenshot is of a chart from the Summary > Costs page.