Analyzing costs by cloud provider
Use the Summary page to analyze the monthly and yearly cloud costs and trends for the cloud service providers, and to understand and analyze the monthly and yearly normalized compute hours of the cloud service providers.
To access the Summary page, in the navigation pane of the TrueSight console, select Cloud Cost Control > and ensure the Summary tab is selected.
The Summary page displays the costs and normalized compute hours details in two separate tabs:
- Normalized Compute Hours
If you want to view and analyze the normalized compute hours details, see Analyzing normalized compute hours by cloud provider.
For more information, see the following sections:
You can get an overview of the total cloud spend and the projected cloud costs by the cloud providers for a selected month and year.
The cost details are displayed as color-coded charts. You can use the charts to understand the costs on a month-by-month basis to evaluate your cloud costs.
From the Costs subpage, you can achieve the following goals:
- View and compare the monthly and yearly cloud costs by cloud provider
- View and compare the monthly costs for cloud providers over the past year
- View and compare the projected monthly costs for cloud providers over the next year
- Identify the cloud provider with the highest cost
You can set this page to be the default page that opens every time you log on to the TrueSight console by setting it as the landing page.
By default, the charts display data for the current month and for all the cloud providers.
To analyze costs by cloud provider
In the navigation pane of the TrueSight console, select Cloud Cost Control.
The Summary > Costs page is displayed.
Review and analyze the charts on the page.
To view cost for a specific provider only or for a specific month, use the global filters or chart-specific filters:Using filters on the page
1. Cloud Provider quick filter: Click a cloud provider button to show or hide the provider's data on the page.
2. Monthly filter: Click the monthly filter to select a specific month for which you want to view the data.
Info: By default, the page displays data for the current month and for all available cloud providers. The options that you select in the global filters (Cloud Provider quick filter, Monthly filter) apply to all the page elements (table and charts).
- Chart filter: Click the provider name in the legend of a chart to hide or display its cost data.