Creating and registering a new service for the PATROL Agent
This section explains how to create a PATROL Agent executable and register it as a service so you can dedicate it to monitoring a cluster group. This task involves copying and renaming the agent's executable and then registering the service in the Windows Services Applet
Perform the following tasks on each node in the cluster:
- Copy the PatrolAgent.exe in <PATROL_HOME>\bin directory.
- Rename the executable. Use a name that indicates that the agent is an executable dedicated to monitoring an application.
Paste the executable into the <PATROL_HOME>\bin directory.
Name the executable the same on every node in the cluster.
Install the executable at the command line, navigate to the <PATROL_HOME>\bin directory, and enter the following command:
PatrolAgent -application_name -install
The system acknowledges that the service installed successfully.
Tue MON DD HH:MM:SS CCYY PatrolAgent -<application_name> PID 318 Success 1000:
The PatrolAgent Service was successfully installed.
The PatrolAgent COM Server registered sucessfully
The PatrolAgent COM Server can only be registered once. Additional attempts to register it will fail; however, the multiple agent processes will run.
- From the Windows Taskbar, select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Services icon and select <application_name> service from the box.
- Click Startup.
- In the Startup Type pane, select the Manual option, and click OK.
The service displays Manual in the Startup column.
Log in or register to comment.