Prerequisites for configuring with the xpconfig utility
Before you configure the PATROL Agent with the xpconfig configuration utility, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You have reviewed and understood Configuring the BMC PATROL Agent
- You know the change files you want to use or the variables you want to add, modify, or delete.
- You have started the PATROL Agent (see Starting and stopping the BMC PATROL Agent). Starting the agent is only necessary to apply changes to the Agent or to get configuration changes from it.
- If starting xpconfig from a command line, you have set display variables.
If you want to change values for variables, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You have write permission on the agent Configuration Change File.
- You know the variables that you must change in the change files.