Viewing a change file
Use this procedure to view the contents of a change file. You search for entries while viewing the file.
Before you begin
Before you begin to view a change file, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You have read Overview of the xpconfig configuration utility and Overview of xpconfig functions.
- You have started the xpconfig configuration utility.
To view a change file and search for entries
- Select Options > View.
The View view only dialog box with the contents of the configuration change file is displayed.
The configuration change file contains entries only for the variables marked with an asterisk; the others are default variables with the default value and are already in the config.default file.
- Begin a search for entries by selecting Edit > Search.
- Type the text to search for (the search function is case-sensitive), and click OK.
- Exit the View view only dialog box by selecting File > Exit.
The system displays the primary window.