Deleting a change entry from the edit variable dialog box
If you do not want a specified change in the Edit Variable dialog box to take effect, you can delete the entry. If the Edit Variable dialog box has other entries that you do not delete, deleting the one change entry does not delete the variable. However, if you delete all change entries for a variable, the variable is deleted from the change file.
Before you begin
Before you begin to delete a change entry from the Edit Variable dialog box, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You have read Configuring the BMC PATROL Agent
- You have read Overview of xpconfig functions and .
- You have started the xpconfig configuration utility, opened a change file, and accessed the Edit Variable dialog box by clicking the variable for which you want to delete the change entry.
To delete a change entry in the edit variable dialog box
- Click the entry you want to delete.
The entry is highlighted.
- Use MB3 to select Delete, or select Edit > Delete.