Changing the Integration Service's security level
The PATROL Agent and the TrueSight Integration Service must run on the same security level to successfully communicate in TLS mode. The following steps guide you to change the Integration Service's security level.
- TrueSight Integration Service communicates with the PATROL Agent at security level 2 and above.
- If you have already configured the Integration Service in TLS mode, ensure that you unset the TLS mode before changing its security level.
- Ensure that you have the administrative level access to run this command.
Log on to the host computer where the TrueSight Integration Service is installed.
Stop the Integration Service.
Perform the following sequence of steps to update the security_level information in the Integration Service running on a Windows operating system:
Go to Start > Run and type regedit. The registry editor dialog box is displayed as shown the following figure:
Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMC Software\IntegrationService\SecurityPolicy_v3.0\C_Program_Files_BMC_Software_TSIMAgent_Agent_bppmpis\server directory location, and update the security_level parameter as shown in the following figure:
Perform the following sequence of steps to update the security_level information in the Integration Service running on a Unix operating system:
Navigate to the <ROOT_INSTALL_DIR>/etc/patrol.d/_opt_bmc_TSIMAgent_pw/security_policy_v3.0 directory location.
- Open the bppmpis.plc file using a text editor.
Locate the security_level parameter and set the value.
- Restart the Integration Service.
Where to go from here
Once you update the Integration Service's security level, verify the workflow diagram to ensure all the relevant tasks to enable TLS mode are performed.