Troubleshooting PATROL Agent installation issues
PATROL Agent is not installed successfully.
Probable causes: This error may occur, if you have chosen an incorrect operating system platform or version while creating the installation package, or if the installation package created is corrupted.
- Verify the PATROL Agent installation mode with the help of install images.
- If the PATROL Agent has been installed using the silent mode, verify if root credentials were provided during the creation of PATROL Agent installation package.
- If the root credentials were not provided while creating the PATROL Agent installation package, go to the Patrol3 directory, and verify if the following post-install scripts were run:
- ./agent_configure.sh -d
- . /sec_configure.sh
- If the above scripts were not run, do the following to run the scripts:
- Stop the PATROL Agent.
- Log in as a root user.
Run the agent_configure.sh and b1config.sh scripts:
$cd bmc base installation directory/Patrol3 $./agent_configure.sh –d
$cd /opt/bmc/common/security/config_v3.0 $./sec_configure.sh path_of_PATROL3 0
If it is a fresh PATROL Agent installation, rename the /BMCINSTALL directory and perform the installation again.
If it is a PATROL Agent upgrade workflow, install the PATROL Agent with the no-backup option.
Note: The PATROL Agent tries to take a backup before the installation, and if there are any corrupt files, then the installation will fail.
- If none of the above steps help to resolve the issue, contact the BMC Support team and provide the installation logs for further analysis.