This topic describes how to troubleshoot issues for BMC PATROL for iSeries.
Enable or disable debug
If you encounter certain problems using this KM, BMC Support might request that you enable the debug. Follow one of the three options to enable debug.
Using PATROL configuration variable
- Access the /AKN_REMOTE/DEBUG pconfig variable.
- Set this variable to 1 to enable the debug, and set to 0 to disable the debug.
Using the PATROL Consoles
- From the PATROLMainMap tree, right click iSeries > KM commands > Debug > On (to enable) or Off (to disable).
Using the TrueSight console
- In TrueSight console, locate the PATROL Agent device or iSeries host device.
- In Monitors pane, navigate to the iSeries monitor type. Select Agent Actions > Debug > On (to enable) or Off (to disable).
The log file is located at <PATROL_HOME>/akn/log directory. The log file name is <PATROLAgentname>-<Port>-iSeriesHostname>-<Port>-aknCollector.log. By default, the maximum size of the log file is 10 MB.
The remote iSeries server logs are located at /tmp directory.
Issues in monitoring and configuring
- If the status of the configured hosts is disconnected, ensure that the Config_Status parameter is online and not in alarm state. If the parameter is in alarm condition, check the annotations in the graph for the probable cause and the corrective actions.
- If the remote host connection fails, check the Connection Status (_ConnectionStatus) parameter under the host. If the parameter is in alarm condition, check the annotations in the graph for the probable cause and the corrective actions.
- If the collection fails for a particular application class check the _CollectionStatus parameter under the respective application class. If the parameter is in alarm condition, check the annotations in the graph for the probable cause and the corrective actions.
For any other issues, contact BMC support with log files from the <PATROL_HOME>akn\log directory.