This application class monitors the Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS).
NT_WINS is discovered on all Microsoft Windows Servers where the WINS service is installed and enabled on the agent machine.
The WINS monitor type in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management is referred as the NT_WINS application class in BMC PATROL.
The following information is displayed on the NT_WINS InfoBox:
version of the knowledge module
PATROL Agent version
version of the current PATROL Agent
version of the agent operating system
The following attributes are available for this monitor type:
- Failed Wins Queries Per Minute (WnQueryFailureRate)
- Failed Wins Releases Per Minute (WnReleaseFailureRate)
- Requested Wins Queries Per Minute (WnQueryRate)
- Requested Wins Releases Per Minute (WnReleaseRate)
- Status of Wins Service (WnServiceStatus)
- Successful Wins Queries Per Minute (WnQuerySuccessRate)
- Successful Wins Releases Per Minute (WnReleaseSuccessRate)
- Wins Conflicts Per Minute (WnConflictRate)
- Wins Registrations Per Minute (WnRegistrationRate)
- Wins Renewals Per Minute (WnRenewalRate)