ICMP Protocols (NT_ICMP)
Monitors the send and receive rates for ICMP messages by an entity using the ICMP protocol.
ICMP is part of TCP/IP and is installed on your system with TCP/IP. To monitor network protocols, you must have the SNMP service installed.
The ICMP Protocols monitor type in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management is referred as the NT_ICMP application class in BMC PATROL.
The following information is displayed on the NT_ICMP InfoBox:
the type of icon selected (computer, application, container, parameter)
the current state of the object
name of the application class
Default user name
the default PATROL user name, if any
the name of the application parameter that is having the most problems; if more than one parameter is in a warning or an alarm state, the parameter with the most severe problems is shown
the length of time history is retained
NT KM version
the version of the PATROL KM for Windows OS
The following attributes are available for this monitor type:
- Outbound Message Errors (ICMPicmpMessagesOutboundErrors)
- Messages Per Sec (ICMPicmpMessagesPerSec)
- Messages Received Per Sec (ICMPicmpMessagesRcvdPerSec)
- Destination Unreachable Messages Received (ICMPicmpRcvdDestUnreachable)
- Messages Sent Per Sec (ICMPicmpMessagesSentPerSec)
- Messages Received Having Errors (ICMPicmpMessagesRcvdErrors)