The PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers version 5.1.00 product contains the following enhancements:
The 5.1.00 version of Microsoft Hyper-V KM has been completely redesigned. With the 5.1.00 release, Microsoft Hyper-V KM provides remote monitoring of Clustered Hyper-V environments. There is no need to install the monitoring PATROL Agent on the computer that you want to monitor. You can monitor your setup remotely without impacting the health of your computer.
Introduced new KM to support remote monitoring of Hyper-V environments
- Simplified UI to remotely monitor Hyper-V environment
- A single collector process (HyperVMon.exe)
- Monitoring of multiple Hyper-V Servers from a single PATROL Agent
- Option to filter virtual machines
- Detailed monitoring of Hyper-V hosts and virtual machines
Remote monitoring of Hyper-V Servers
PATROL for Microsoft Hyper-V Server monitors and analyzes performance of a Hyper-V Server. With this release of the KM, Hyper-V environments can be monitored remotely from any server within domain or out of the domain. The KM provides option to monitor clustered Hyper-V as well as standalone Hyper-V host. The KM provides overall health of hosts and virtual machines, that includes CPU, memory, network, and disk performance.
Using this KM, you can monitor the following Hyper-V components:
- Hyper-V Cluster, its nodes and virtual machines
- Memory utilization and processor utilization of hosts and virtual machines
- Statistics of the virtual switch and virtual network adapters
- Statistics of root partition
- Activities of the disks attached to the IDE controller
- All the virtual hard disk attached to the virtual machines
Filter based on virtual machine name
The KM enables you to create filters to include or exclude virtual machines from monitoring based on their name. Regular expressions can be used to filter multiple virtual machines. For more information, see Configuring remote monitoring of Microsoft Hyper-V in TrueSight.
Performance Scalability and Reliability
With the 5.1.00 version of the Microsoft Hyper-V KM, you can monitor up to 1000 virtual machines. For more information, see Performance Scalability and Reliability data.
Upgrade from earlier versions not supported
PATROL for Microsoft Hyper-V has been redesigned to support remote monitoring of the Hyper-V environment. Upgrade from earlier versions of the KM is not supported.