Verify that the target computer meets the installation requirements listed in the following table. These requirements apply to all PATROL for Windows Servers components.
|Resource||Requirements||Comments (if any)|
All components of the PATROL solution for Microsoft Windows Servers work with the following operating systems:
Remote monitoring support for Nano server
All security levels are supported.
For more information about PATROL security, see PATROL Security levels.
The PATROL Security Level is set during the installation of the PATROL infrastructure components. If your product contains the PATROL Agent, you are able to select the security level.
Make sure that the level that you select is compatible with the rest of your enterprise’s PATROL installation.
If you are installing an agent or console with PATROL for Windows Servers, you must specify the port number to connect to all the agent computers.
The default port number for agents is 3181.
The default port number for the RTServer is 2059.
This product uses an installation utility that requires a browser. For a list of supported browsers, see the PATROL Installation Utility Online documentation.
|Disk space needed to install|
600 MB for an agent
(without components and KMs)
200 MB for a console
(without components and KMs)
|70 MB for PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Operating System|
|50 MB for PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Active Directory|
|50 MB for PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Active Directory Remote Monitoring|
|60 MB for PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Domain Services|
|50 MB for PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Desktop Services|
50 MB for PATROL KM for Event Management
|50 MB for PATROL Wizard for Microsoft Performance Monitor and WMI|
|40 MB for PATROL Knowledge Module for Microsoft Hyper-V Monitoring|
BMC products are certified for use on supported operating system versions. BMC does not explicitly test for OS patches/updates that are released after a BMC product is released.
BMC products should work fine with minor updates to these supported operating systems. For assistance, please contact BMC Customer Support.
System requirements for BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management environment
The following topics list the system requirements for installing and using PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers in the BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management environment. These topics are available in the ProactiveNet 9.5 online documentation portal.
- BMC ProactiveNet Server system requirements
- BMC ProactiveNet Integration Service and remote cell system requirements
- BMC ProactiveNet Administration Console system requirements
- Supported databases and Web consoles system requirements
- Supported platforms for High Availability mode
- BMC ProactiveNet CMDB Extensions and BMC Impact Model Designer requirements
- Virtualization support
- BMC Impact Integration Web Services Server requirements
- Language enabled platforms
- Supported integrations with third-party products
- Supported integrations with other BMC products
- Third-party product requirements and support
- Hardware and operating system requirements for BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Reporting
- VMware vCenter configuration for performance
- BMC Event Adapters requirements
- BMC ProactiveNet and BMC PATROL Agent compatibility